fbpx
Suzanne Klapp Scottsdale Mayor

Community

A Study Concerning the Effects of Texting Motorists

From the Scottsdale Progress Gazette. Scottsdale to study possible texting motorist ban By Wayne Schutsky, Progress Managing Editor A week after a Salt River police officer was struck and killed by a texting driver on the Loop 101, the Scottsdale City Council took steps to consider regulating cellphone use by motorists in the city. Salt […]

Klapp Elected to Valley Metro RPTA

From the Scottsdale Independent. Scottsdale Vice Mayor Klapp elected to lead Valley Metro agency Scottsdale Vice Mayor Suzanne Klapp has been selected as Chair for the Valley Metro RPTA for the fiscal year 2017-18 term, beginning July 1. “A robust and thoughtfully planned regional transit system is a crucial component to a stronger future for […]

The Importance of Small Business

From the Scottsdale Independent. Klapp: small business is important to the city of Scottsdale By Suzanne Klapp Recently, I was honored to speak at the city’s Mayor and Council breakfast to several hundred business people and other residents about how important small business is in Scottsdale. Here are some highlights from that talk: Today I […]

Klapp Says, “No” to Food Tax

From the Scottsdale Independent. Smith, Klapp: we shouldn’t impose food tax ‘just because we can’ By Suzanne Klapp and David Smith We stand together as council members committed to finding a way to eliminate the 1.65 percent tax on food bought for home consumption in the city of Scottsdale. This tax on food affects one […]

No to Satanic Prayer at Council Meetings

From the Scottsdale Independent. Klapp: enough is enough, no Satanic prayer at Scottsdale council meetings By Suzanne Klapp There is little about city council meetings that I cannot tolerate. I support freedom of speech and welcome people to come to the city Kiva and express their opinions about many subjects. My patience is very well […]

Scroll to top